Situations and moments are very fickle; no one has the slightest of the notion what is going to happen the next moment. While everything may seem like near perfect this very moment, the next moment might welcome about a completely new accident that no one thought about. This was exactly what happened when the news about the newest changes in regulation in the lending of loans was inflicted by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). While it seemed like a “good” change for some who already have their impending luxuries, this definitely came out as a shock for the people who depend on the e payday loans. These new restrictions were talked down upon by maximum of the citizens who vividly depend on the payday loans in times of need.
What Are Payday Loans?
For a very brief idea about what this entails, Payday loans are the small amount of money that is sanctioned to be loaned to a certain person on a higher rate of interest for a shorter time frame. It has been seen on a lot of occasions that the date of returning the money is often set on the borrower’s pay day but this rule is not applicable all the time. The borrower even has to pay an advance check with the said day when the money is to be returned.
The amount of money that is mostly lent via the payday loans doesn’t exceed $500 and the rate of interests are often under a close margin from $15-$100 depending on the amount of money that is loaned.
What Are the Implications of the Restrictions?
The newest set of regulations and restrictions that are inflicted on the entire lending system of money has affected the payday lending schemes and companies the most as per the calculated statistic made by Competitive Enterprise Insitute. These are those sudden assurances that help people guide through a sudden turmoil but these sudden restrictions are surely going to leave people in a pickle.
The payday loan market is a big and widespread one. According to several reports, over 12,000,000 citizens of America opted for this way out during their times of need. The newest restrictions on these cash advances are sure to leave people in a financial liability in times of severe need. People without proper rainy-day savings or even a credit card won’t be able to easily appeal for these now that the restrictions have been tightened.
- The most common people who seek out for these quick cash advances are either women or young citizens with an annual wage varying from $30,000-$35000. The quick cash was an easy and a quicker way out but several reports have now claimed that it is most likely that the women and the African-Americans are the ones who are going to suffer the wrath of these restrictions the most.
- It is not just the borrowers who are going to be affected but even the payday loaners because it has been estimated that there will be a cut shortage of 3/4th of the total payday lending market. It is most likely possible for over 20,000 payday loaners might end up leading an unprofitable organization which is definitely a blow for them as well.
The only argument put forth by the CFPB is that people often “overuse” the advantages that the payday loan schemes bring them. They even expect these sudden restrictions on the regulations are more likely going to increase the free market interaction with the consumers and the sellers which are nothing but a far-fetched notion.
This sudden demarcation on the e payday loans seems to just affect a certain part of the area which is unjustifiable. If the aim of this is to bring about the changes as mentioned by the CFPB, then the effects of the same should be similar for every strata and race which definitely looks like a big question mark at the moment.
Latest posts by Charlie (see all)
- AFSA in Favor of Services like E Payday Loans - November 9, 2017
- Alabama Consumer Credit Task Force’s Unfair Fight against Payday Advance and Payday Lenders - November 1, 2017
- Strange and Long Trip of Payday Loan Providers Through 2017 - October 24, 2017